Cauliflower Buffalo Dip is hot, cheesy, and ready in minutes and made with riced cauliflower. Buy it at the store or make your own! A delicious vegetarian twist on classic Buffalo Wing Dip.
How to Rice Cauliflower:
You can certainly pick up a bag of cauliflower pearls at the store, but if you want to save money, it’s easy to make your own!
- You can rice cauliflower with a grater:
- Or you can rice it in a food processor:
How to make Cauliflower Buffalo Dip on the stove:
It’s just 5 ingredients:
Cook the cauliflower rice in a little bit of water until softened, then stir in everything else and cook until hot and bubbly!
What’s in buffalo sauce?
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Granulated garlic
You can make your own, but I really like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
Cauliflower Buffalo Dip Recipe
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add cauliflower rice and water. Cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot sauce, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and ranch or blue cheese dressing. Continue stirring until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with celery sticks or crackers. Or, transfer to a slow cooker and keep warm until serving time.
- Yield: One recipe should be enough to feed a group of 16 for a snack or appetizer.
- Make ahead: No need to make ahead, because it cooks so fast. If you have to, you can make it a day ahead of time and gently reheat on the stove.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate anything leftover and enjoy within the week.
- Make your own cauliflower rice: I break it all down in this how-to, but it's easy to turn a head of fresh cauliflower into riced cauliflower if you have a box grater or food processor. To do it by hand, use the largest holes on a box grater to shred the vegetable into tiny pieces. To use a food processor, simply cut the cauliflower into pieces and pulse the vegetable until evenly minced.
- Serve with: Toasted pita, crackers, celery, and carrot sticks.
- Cauliflower rice: Sold in bags at the store, but it's easy and less expensive to make your own. You can rice cauliflower with a grater or in a food processor.
- Hot sauce: Frank's RedHot is classic Buffalo wing sauce; I wouldn't use anything else. But you can try your favorite hot sauce if you have one.
- Cream cheese: 2 bricks of Philly make one batch of dip.
- Cheddar cheese: Pre-shredded cheddar is fine in this recipe.
- Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing: For real, authentic, traditional Buffalo Dip, this recipe MUST be made with blue cheese dressing. However, if you don't like blue cheese, ranch is delicious, too.