This creamy, addictive Beer Cheese Dip recipe belongs on your party menu! It makes a huge batch so there’s plenty to go around, and it’s easy too!
With football season back in full swing, it’s time to make sure you have some great options for your Game Day menu.
Even if you aren’t going to a “formal” gathering to watch the game, you can still prepare a fun snack to make the day more enjoyable (bearable?).
And for that matter, if you hate football (and/or all sports) you may still like dips. This Beer Cheese Dip is a great one to have in your back pocket for that moment when you are craving something fun and tasty but have no idea what to make.
How to Make Beer Cheese Dip
The recipe calls for three (3) blocks of cream cheese. That’s 24 ounces of cream cheese. Obviously you can scale the recipe back if you are willing to divide a packet of the dry ranch seasoning mix as needed. Everything else is pretty easy to scale down.
Softened (room temperature) cream cheese is essential for easy blending. To make this even easier (or if you won’t have time to let the cream cheese soften), substitute equal amounts of whipped cream cheese.
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 recipe Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix or one packet store-bought
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 chives or 1 scallion, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or more to taste
- Potato chips pretzels, or crackers, for serving
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch mix, beer, chives, and in a large bowl and mix well. Add garlic powder to taste, starting with 1/2 teaspoon and adding more if desired.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch mix, beer, chives, and garlic powder (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more to taste if desired). Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or until serving time. Garnish with more chives if desired and serve with chips, pretzels, or crackers.