This Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe is the classic version you know and love! Cold and creamy, it’s so easy to make and tastes even better than you remember.
When was the last time you had Knorr Spinach Dip?
If you were me, it would have been about 10 years ago at a birthday party in Wisconsin. Your aunt would have made it and brought it along, and you would have briefly considered commandeering the bowl and hiding in a closet somewhere to eat it all yourself.
Knorr makes the best packet dip mix I’ve ever had, and really the only one that is a contender on my shopping list.
And this Knorr Spinach Dip recipe will taste even better than you remember!
Start with a creamy base of mayonnaise and sour cream, them mix in chopped water chestnuts (optional but delicious), scallions, and the Knorr packet.
While that blends for a few minutes, get your spinach ready. If it’s frozen, defrost it in the microwave. Drain out any excess water, then squeeze it in a clean kitchen towel, wringing out as much liquid as possible (while holding it over your kitchen sink).
How Much Fresh Spinach is 10 oz Frozen?
To substitute fresh spinach for the frozen spinach, use a pound of fresh spinach leaves. Place the spinach in a large dry skillet with 1/4 cup water and cook it down (basically steaming it). Then, transfer it to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze it dry.
I like it serve it in a bread bowl with lots of fresh veggies on the side or with lots of toasted baguette slices.
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 (1.4 ounce) packet Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach cooked and squeezed dry
- Bread chunks and fresh vegetables for serving
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, scallions, and Knorr mix. Stir to combine.
- Stir in spinach, using a spoon or spatula to break up and distribute any clumps of spinach. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with bread and fresh vegetables.