Hot Swiss Cheese and Bacon Dip is a creamy and bubbly cheesy dip covered in bacon. Need I say more? I suggest doubling the batch. It’s insanely good!
If I didn’t have you at Hot Swiss Cheese and Bacon Dip, then I don’t even know where to start.
But let’s start with the ooey-gooey easy-cheesy base, because honestly?
It could stand on its own. It doesn’t even NEED the bacon. But everything is better with bacon so eventually we’ll add bacon.
But let’s start with the cheese. Cream cheese, swiss cheese, mayo, scallions. Like I said, this could be a stand-alone recipe right here.
After you’ve baked the cheesy wonder dip to a bubbly golden brown, top it with crushed buttery crackers. Townhouse crackers are divine here and begin to almost melt into the hot bubbly golden brown cheesy. Have you added your crushed crackers? Fabulous.
Now let’s bring home the bacon.
A half pound of bacon, fried and crumbled.
I find it MUCH easier to freeze bacon first, cut the bacon second, and fry the bacon third. Then I don’t have to futz with greasy bacon sliding around on a cutting board as I wield a large, sharp knife which probably has a greasy handle by now.
Frozen bacon cuts easily, and cut bacon fries easily.
And that’s all there is to it. Serve with crackers (more Townhouse buttery crackers, if you ask me) or pretzels or even crunchy, yummy Melba toasts. It’s all just so delicious. And sometimes? I eat some bites with just a spoon.
Save this Hot Swiss Cheese and Bacon Dip to your
“Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Hot Swiss Cheese and Bacon Dip Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green scallions plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup buttery crackers crushed
- 1/2 pound bacon fried and crumbled
- Buttery crackers, garlic Melba toasts, or pretzels for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 4-quart baking dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese, and scallions and stir until smooth. Spread into baking dish and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with crushed crackers, bacon, and additional scallions if desired. Serve hot with more crackers, garlic Melba toasts, or pretzels.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.