Easy Taco Dip
This Easy Taco Dip belongs on your permanent party menu! Make everything ahead and assemble it at the last minute. Ideal for a crowd and for Cinco de Mayo!
Where I grew up, a party isn’t really a party if we don’t have Taco Dip.
Considering the low effort that goes in to making it and the high return on deliciousness, there is really no excuse not to make it for every event, ever.
All the components can be made ahead of time and assembled at the last minute. In fact, the cream cheese mixture tastes better if it sits overnight!
For the ultimate crunchy, wholesome chip experience, dig in with Food Should Taste Good™ Cantina Tortilla Chips.
The base is made of cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. And let me tell you, that combo is pretty good on it’s own, too! So if you forgot to buy all the toppings when you went to the store, have a party for yourself with just the cream cheese blend and the chips.
I like to make my own homemade taco seasoning, but a packet of store-bought is fine, too.
You know what’s not included? Lettuce.
In a previous career, my boss lobbied heavily against the use of lettuce in taco dip. I’ll spare you the sordid details, but let’s just say that lettuce gets soggy and lends little-to-no nutritional value.
The rest of the toppings can be mixed and matched according to your preferences. I like tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, and green onions.
Make It Ahead
Taco Dip is a great make-ahead appetizer. Blend the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate it overnight. The flavors have more time to blend and then you’re that much closer to your goal of Food is Done. Plus, if you have to travel (i.e., take Taco Dip to your boss at work for his birthday), you can travel with all the components packaged separately. CONVENIENT.
To drink, I’m pouring Corona and squeezing limes. The acid in the beer cuts right through the richness of the dip and it’s just perfect, especially for Cinco de Mayo!
Save this Easy Taco Dip to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Easy Taco Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or 1 pack store-bought)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 scallions sliced
- Food Should Taste Good™ Cantina Tortilla Chips
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix until well blended.
- Spread seasoned cream cheese in the bottom of a pie plate or 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Top with cheese, tomatoes, peppers, olives, and scallions.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- To make ahead, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning the night before and refrigerate. All vegetables may be chopped or sliced and refrigerated in covered containers until assembly time.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.