Chipotle Guacamole Recipe (Copycat)
This Chipotle Guacamole recipe is the real deal. With just six ingredients and a few minutes, you can enjoy as much Chipotle Guacamole at home as you can mash!
Guacamole is my everything in the world of Mexican food. Luscious and creamy, satisfying, filling, and yet inexplicably a “healthy fat.” No matter what “diet” you are on, you can eat guacamole.
Whether it’s a huge dollop on my burrito bowl or a cup full with deep-fried, salty tortilla chips, Chipotle’s guacamole is the standard by which I judge all others.
And luckily, nothing could be easier to make!
Halve a couple of avocados, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh. Toss the avocado with lime juice and add salt. Mash. Then, add finely chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño peppers. Add more salt if desired (I generally desire more salt), and mix it up. And that’s it!
Happiness is a big green bowl of guac.
Save this Chipotle Guacamole to your
“Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:5 min
Cook Time:2 min
Total Time:7 min
- 2 large Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, including seeds, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados and lime juice. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add salt and mash until smooth.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, and peppers. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- To refrigerate, place in a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on top of the entire surface of the guacamole so no part is exposed to air. Serve with chips.