I teamed up with Flatout Flatbread to create the Ultimate Veggie Wrap. I’ve been compensated for my time and all opinions are 100% my own.
The Ultimate Veggie Wrap has herbed cream cheese, Havarti, and lots of fresh vegetables! Best of all, make it ahead for an easy lunch option.
In case you haven’t looked at your garden/CSA box/farmer’s market/grocery store lately, we’re in peak vegetable season. Everything is fresh, tasty, and positively plentiful.
If you’re trying to eat more vegetables, you couldn’t have picked a better time. And if you love sandwiches as much as I do (freely and with hope), you’ll want to make the Ultimate Veggie Wrap immediately.
Preferably 5 minutes ago so you can eat it while you read this.
This Veggie Wrap is designed with your busy schedule in mind. Instead of scrambling to jullienne carrots before you shuffle the kids out the door or head off to work, all the prep AND assembly can happen in advance.
First, the base. I’m using Flatout flatbread, my preferred flatbread for wraps of all kinds (I’ve also made a Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap which is insanely delicious and a Breakfast Burrito that is just my favorite breakfast, ever).
Next, cream cheese. And not just ANY cream cheese, but my favorite Green Goddess Cream Cheese blend that is full of fresh herbs, lemon, and garlic. So summery and fabulous. Make it on the weekend and it’ll keep all week long. Or, substitute your favorite chive & onion cream cheese from the store.
Then, vegetables. All the vegetables! Specifically, I chose crunchy vegetables with staying power so they could last overnight. As much as I love avocado, I left it out here because it didn’t last. A mix of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots worked perfectly. The sprouts are fun, too, if you get into that sort of thing.
(I tested this, by the way. I made a few Veggie Wraps one night, wrapped them in wax paper, and let them sit overnight. By lunch time the next day, they were still perfect!)
Last, Havarti. Because more cheese, please! And I love Havarti. If you can find a Havarti with dill in it (and if you like dill), more power to you.
Ultimate Veggie Wrap Recipe
- 4 Flatout flatbread Original wraps
- 1/2 cup Green Goddess Cream Cheese or purchased cream cheese
- 8 large lettuce leafs
- 4 Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 carrots peeled and julienned
- 4 slices Havarti cheese cut in half
- Arrange Flatout flatbreads on a flat surface. Top each with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese.
- Layer 2 lettuce leaves in the middle of flatbread. Arrange tomatoes in a single row, then top with cucumbers, carrots, and sprouts, if using.
- Arrange cheese on top of vegetables and roll the wrap. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerate until serving time. Slice in half to serve.