This 7 Layer Dip recipe is made with beans, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, tomatoes, olives, and scallions. It’s easy to make and always a hit at parties!
Whether you’re planning for Super Bowl Sunday, your next birthday party, or a summer picnic, Seven Layer Dip is an awesome addition to your menu.
7 Layer Dip is ready in just a few minutes, it looks fantastic, and everyone loves it! Especially on Super Bowl Sunday when you serve all the best snacks, ever, this dip will always be a highlight. It’s the one dip I always make, no matter what teams are playing! Make this classic party dip even easier with some help from Ortega.
For more than 100 years, Ortega has been committed to family mealtime by providing a wide range of authentic, high-quality products to make Mexican meals at home.
What is in a 7 Layer Dip?
Here are the layers in Seven Layer Dip from the bottom up:
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
For the guacamole layer, I mashed 2 avocados and mixed them with Ortega Guacamole Seasoning Mix for fast, tasty guacamole.
Ortega Mexican Seasonings are made with the highest quality ingredients. Each seasoning uses a unique blend of spices to provide an authentic Mexican eating experience.
You can use a round bowl or a square baking dish for the dip, but I like to choose something that is made of clear glass so everyone can see the layers.
What do you eat with 7 Layer Dip?
You eat 7 Layer dip with tortilla chips! Or corn chips or potato chips or a spoon… whatever you want.
7 Layer Dip
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ortega Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Hass avocados
- 11 (1 ounce) packet Ortega Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced olives drained
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread in the bottom of a medium bowl or square baking dish.
- Halve avocados, remove the pits, and scoop out the flesh. In a second bowl, mash avocados and add guacamole seasoning mix.
- On top of the refried beans, layer the following ingredients in this order: Sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, tomatoes, olives, and scallions.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or cover and chill until serving time.