An easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. Make it on the stove top, in a crockpot, or even in your Instant Pot. Great for game days and parties all year long, serve this dip with cold celery sticks or crunchy Chicken crackers.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip?
It's just 5 ingredients:
- Hot sauce
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing
- Cheddar cheese
All get tossed together in your cooking method of choice (stovetop, crockpot, or Instant Pot, methods listed below) and served warm with celery and those famous chicken crackers!
What’s in buffalo sauce?
- Hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Granulated garlic
You can make your own, but Frank’s Red Hot is my favorite!
How do you make buffalo chicken dip on the stove?
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the chicken and hot sauce until bubbly
- Add the cream cheese, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip in an Instant Pot?
- Combine all ingredients in your instant pot and stir.
- Set to Slow Cook on HIGH for 2 hours and cover with a vented lid.
- Serve warm right from the InstaPot with celery sticks and Chicken crackers.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot?
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and stir.
- Heat on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve warm right from the crockpot with celery sticks and Chicken crackers.
What can I substitute for canned chicken?
- Every 10 oz can of chicken equals 2 small chicken breasts, so you would need 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large), shredded with two forks (this post shows how to poach chicken in a skillet or in a pot).
- You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken drained and shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (I like Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing or blue cheese salad dressing (see notes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces, for serving
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken crackers for serving
Stove top method:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine chicken and hot sauce. Heat until hot and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Continue to stir until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a slow cooker if desired to keep warm. Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.
Slow cooker method:
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours (until hot and bubbly). Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.