Buffalo Chicken Dip blends the flavors of hot and spicy buffalo wings with cool and creamy ranch dressing. The best part: It can be made on the stove top, in a crockpot, or even in your Instant Pot. Great for game days and parties all year long, serve this dip with cold celery sticks or crunchy Chicken crackers.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip?
Only 5 ingredients - chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheddar cheese. All get tossed together in your cooking method of choice (stovetop, crockpot, or Instant Pot, methods listed below) and served warm with celery and those famous chicken crackers!
What’s in buffalo sauce?
Butter, hot sauce, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and granulated garlic - you can make your own, but Frank’s Red Hot is my favorite!
How do you make buffalo chicken dip on the stove?
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the chicken and hot sauce until bubbly. Add the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheese, and stir until melted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip in an Instant Pot?
Combine all ingredients in your instant pot and stir. Set to Slow Cook on HIGH for 2 hours and cover with a vented lid. Serve warm right from the InstaPot!
How do you make buffalo chicken dip in a crockpot?
Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and stir. Heat on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 1 to 2 hours. Serve warm right from the crockpot!
Can I use rotisserie chicken breasts?
Yes. Every 10 oz can of chicken equals 2 small chicken breasts, so you would need 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large), shredded with two forks.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken drained and shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (I like Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing or blue cheese salad dressing (see notes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces, for serving
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken crackers for serving
Stove top method:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine chicken and hot sauce. Heat until hot and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Continue to stir until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a slow cooker if desired to keep warm. Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.
Slow cooker method:
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours (until hot and bubbly). Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.