Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
An easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. Make it on the stove top, in a crockpot, or even in your Instant Pot. Great for game days and parties all year long, serve this dip with cold celery sticks or crunchy Chicken crackers.
Servings 20 servings
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken drained and shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle hot pepper sauce (I like Frank’s RedHot sauce)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing or blue cheese salad dressing (see notes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces, for serving
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken crackers for serving
Stove top method:
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine chicken and hot sauce. Heat until hot and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Continue to stir until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a slow cooker if desired to keep warm. Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.
Slow cooker method:
In a slow cooker, combine chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, Ranch salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours (until hot and bubbly). Serve with celery sticks and chicken crackers.
For real, authentic, traditional Buffalo Chicken Dip, this recipe MUST be made with blue cheese dressing, not ranch. However, if you don't like blue cheese dressing, as I don't, you can use Ranch. Just don't tell anyone from Buffalo, NY.