An easy Dill Dip to make for all your parties from here on out! This classic version tastes even better when you make it at least a day in advance, too.
A good Dill Dip recipe is worth its weight in gold. With just ingredients and 10 minutes of hand’s on time, it comes together in a flash.
And it tastes GREAT! Traditionally eaten fresh vegetables, I also love Dill Dip with crackers and cheese, cold cuts, or even with pretzels.
Normally in my recipes, I prefer and recommend fresh herbs instead of dried. But when it comes to Dill Dip, dried herbs are where it’s at. Maybe I’m just used to the taste, but I love it.
The most obscure dried herb on the list is celery salt, and that’s not necessarily obscure. Lately, though it’s been harder to find at all of the stores in my area. You can definitely buy it online, but it’s easy enough to make yourself, too.
So that’s it! Combine everything in a bowl and chill at least 30 minutes but preferably overnight. It tastes even better the next day!
Easy Dill Dip Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- fresh vegetables for serving (I garnished the top platter with pea shoots)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve with fresh vegetables.