This easy Hot Corn Dip is ultra cheesy and SO TASTY! Make it with frozen corn in the winter and fresh corn in the summer (instructions for both included).
Hot and cheesy, easy-peasy, deliciously luscious corn dip.
Loaded with colors, flavors, and textures, this is THE Corn Dip you’ve been waiting for your whole life. And it’s easy to make ahead of time, too!
First, the corn. I used frozen corn because it’s winter, but I’ve included instructions for fresh AND canned corn. Whatever your preference. Let no hurdle obstruct you from making this dip!
Start by sautéing the corn, straight from the freezer, with some onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos. That combination right now is going to make you happy. Stir in some garlic at the end and try to not eat it!
Meanwhile, make a typical cheesy dip base: Cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and cheese. But not just any cheese! Roth’s very special, very delicious GranQueso.
This spectacular cheese has the prettiest orange rind you’ve ever seen. They rubbed it with cinnamon and paprika and other mysterious spices which gives it all sorts of deep flavors. That touch of sweetness really brings out the sweetness in the corn.
But back to the dip.
Add even more flavor with green chiles, scallions, and cilantro (if you love it). Bake it until hot and bubbly, then dig in with chips!
Hot Corn Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter plus more for buttering the dish
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen corn (see notes)
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers stemmed, seeded, and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Roth GranQueso cheese shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles drained
- 3 scallions thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro for garnish, optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub a baking dish or oven-proof skillet with butter.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming. Add corn, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in half the GranQueso cheese, chiles, scallions, and chili powder. Carefully fold in corn mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spread into prepared baking dish and top with remaining 4 ounces GranQueso. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve hot with tortilla chips.