These easy Roasted Green Beans are loaded with garlic and lemon and roasted to perfection. They are simple enough for busy weeknights but delicious enough for holidays too!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together beans, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt to taste. I like at least 1/2 teaspoon salt, sometime I do a full teaspoon.
- Bake until browned in some places but still crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
- This recipe works perfectly for edamame, sugar snap peas, haricots verts, or Romano beans.
- To prepare your beans, snap off the stem ends by hand, or use kitchen scissors to snip off the stem ends. If your beans have them, remove any tough strings that run along the length of the beans. There’s no need to trim off the tails.
Recipe variations and substitutions:
- Cheese: add shavings of Parmesan or Pecorino cheese to your sheet pan for the final few minutes of roasting.
- Bacon: roast beans and top with crumbled, cooked bacon and red pepper flakes.
- Nuts: toss a handful of roasted slivered almonds onto the platter once the beans are served.
- Mushrooms: include some shiitake mushrooms or smaller button mushrooms in the sheet pan; mushrooms and green beans are incredible (and so healthy) together.
- Cherry tomatoes: halved or quartered cherry toms get sweet when you oven roast them. Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and stand back!
- Carrots: get the carrots started before you add the beans—see my recipe for Roasted Carrots for the details.
Other tasty roasted vegetables:
- Roasted broccoli with parmesan
- Roasted asparagus
- Roasted carrots
- Roasted root vegetables
- Roasted butternut squash
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Green Beans Recipe
- 2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon (see notes)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, add green beans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to taste and pepper to taste (I like at least 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sometimes I do a little more).
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Roast until lightly browned in some places but still crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- The zest of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon) can be added with the lemon juice. Just zest the lemon before you cut it to squeeze it.