Easy Pineapple Salsa
An easy recipe for Pineapple Salsa. Loaded with plenty of fresh pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro, this is your answer to spring and summer snacking! It’s perfect with chips or on your favorite grilled meat, and it’s good for you!
I’ll never forget the first time I got my hands on this Pineapple Salsa recipe: After devouring a huge bowl at my brother’s house, he promised to track down the original source and email me a copy.
Later that day, an email arrived. Attached was a scanned PDF of a hand-written – no, hastily-scrawled – recipe titled: Benny’s Pineapple Salsa.
Who is Benny? How did he come to make such amazing Pineapple Salsa? Did I ever meet him? These questions and more are unanswered, while one truth remains: This salsa was worth tracking down.
Dramatic overtones aside, this Pineapple Salsa is the answer to all your Warm Weather Eating questions.
You want something:
- Healthy and Fresh
- Sweet and spicy
- Safe for swimming suits
You want a snack.
Or you’re having a party.
Or it’s REALLY HOT outside.
Pineapple Salsa helps in all these instances, and more.
Want to cut some corners? You can buy a 2-pound package of pineapple spears, all peeled and sliced and nice.
You’ll still have to dice them up, but it’s a handy shortcut if you’re short on patience.
Save this Easy Pineapple Salsa to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa
An easy recipe for Pineapple Salsa. Loaded with plenty of fresh pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and cilantro, this is your answer to spring and summer snacking! It's perfect with chips or on your favorite grilled meat, and it's good for you!
- 2 pounds pineapple diced
- 10 Roma tomatoes cored and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped (about ½ cup or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot pepper sauce to taste, optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a large bowl, combine pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and jalapenos. Add lime juice and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce, if using. Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for 30 minutes, or chill until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.