These slow cooker Hot Turkey Sandwiches start with a can of beer and end with a stick of butter. So great for your next party! Or serve the shredded turkey for a fuss-free, delicious holiday meal any time of year.
These Hot Turkey Sandwiches are another classic Minnesota recipe I’m so glad I snagged. Bone-on turkey breast becomes fall-off-the-bone tender with zero effort on your part.
I’ve been known to make this recipe for every occasion from Easter to Graduation parties to even THANKSGIVING! I know! The blasphemy!
How do you make Hot Turkey Sandwiches?
Crockpot Hot Turkey Sandwiches are easy, even by crockpot recipe standards.
In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine a can of beer, onion soup mix, white pepper, dried parsley, and chicken base. Add a bone-in, skin-on turkey breast. Cover and cook.
At the end, stir in a stick of butter. Yes, an entire stick. You can also add some cornstarch if you want thicken the sauce.
How to make Slow Cooker Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
The shredded turkey breast is delicious on sandwiches, but you could even use this recipe for Thanksgiving (I usually do). Free up your oven by cooking your turkey in a slow cooker! It may sound strange, but I guarantee you won’t have any dry meat if you do.
For a crowd, aim for an 8 to 10 pound breast as indicated in the recipe.
However, for a small family, a 2 to 3 pound breast works just fine. You can keep all the sauce ingredients the same. Personally, I cut the butter in half for a smaller bird, but obviously the resulting sauce is not quite as buttery.
I also like to use homemade Onion Soup Mix although a store-bought packet works just as well. And! It’s okay if your beer is flat. It’s crazy that I know that, but I do. I tried it. It’s just as delicious.
Save this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast to your “Slow Cooker” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 recipe homemade onion soup mix or 1 packet store-bought
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 10 pounds bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch optional
- Rolls split, for serving
- Pour beer into slow cooker and turn on low heat. Stir in soup mix, pepper, parsley, and soup base.
- Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and take off skin. Separate meat from the bones, discarding bones. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
- Add butter, cover, and continue to heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir to blend butter with the sauce.
- For a thicker broth, remove ½ cup broth and whisk with cornstarch. Add back to slow cooker and heat until broth is thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve in rolls.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.