Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast starts with a can of beer and ends with a stick of butter. Serve it on rolls at your next party for an easy, tasty main dish!
Some of the best recipes in my repertoire originated with family members or friends.
This Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is no exception, hailing from a frequent contributor to my recipe collection, my friend Jessi. I am pretty sure this recipe is from her mother, but either way, they both make great food and I am constantly asking them for recipes.
You’ll be especially glad I snagged this one!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is easy, even by slow cooker recipe standards.
It’s great for a crowd but a little more special than the baked ham showing up on so many party menus. Your guests will fawn over the delicious buttery sauce – it’s up to you whether you want to tell them an entire stick of butter goes in to the slow cooker. They will probably enjoy it more if you don’t!
The shredded turkey breast is delicious on sandwiches, but you could even use this recipe for Thanksgiving (I usually do). Free up your oven by cooking your turkey in a slow cooker! It may sound strange, but I guarantee you won’t have any dry meat if you do.
I’ve made this enough times to learn a few tricks I am happy to pass along to you. First, you can use a smaller turkey breast than 8 – 10 lbs., although that’s certainly the size you’ll want for a crowd. But let’s say it’s just a few of you, and maybe all you want is a 2 – 3 lb. turkey breast. You can keep all the sauce ingredients the same. Personally, I cut the butter in half for a smaller bird, but obviously the resulting sauce is not quite as buttery.
I also like to use homemade Onion Soup Mix although a store-bought packet works just as well. And! It’s okay if your beer is flat. It’s crazy that I know that, but I do. I tried it. It’s just as delicious.
Save this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast to your “Slow Cooker” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time:5 min
Cook Time:8 hours 15 min
Total Time:8 hours 20 min
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 recipe homemade onion soup mix or 1 packet store bought
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon base
- 10 pounds bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- Pour beer into slow cooker and turn on low heat. Stir in soup mix, pepper, parsley, and soup base.
- Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and take off skin. Separate meat from the bones, discarding bones. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
- Add butter, cover, and continue to heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir to blend butter with the sauce.
- For a thicker broth, remove ½ cup broth and whisk with cornstarch. Add back to slow cooker and heat until broth is thickened, about 10 minutes.