Families around the world love Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, the famous spice blend with infinite uses. Here’s how you can make your own seasoned salt blend that will taste just like you remember it, at half the price.
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt ingredients:
This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- Salt (use less if you want to).
- Sugar (you can reduce or omit this).
- Onion powder.
- Garlic powder.
- Cornstarch. This keeps the spices from clumping.
- *Celery salt (Optional, but delicious, and you can make an amazing homemade celery salt here.)
Buying spices in bulk:
It seems like those expensive little spice jars can get pricy at the store. Consequently, it’s not always the best way to buy dried herbs and spices, either, because their high cost usually deters shoppers and they end up sitting on the shelf longer than ideal.
But buying spices from a specialty store or a market with a well-stocked bulk department will save you money every time. Not only are the ingredients likely to be fresher, you get to buy exactly what you need. Less waste, more money in your pocket.
Alternatively, you can find good deals on spices online. Spices inc, Penzey’s, or the Spice House have good prices and fresh stock.
How to make Lawry’s Seasoned Salt:
This is so simple. All you have to do is combine the measured ingredients together. Store the seasoned salt in an airtight container or a shaker jar with a lid.
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt uses:
This all-purpose seasoning salt recipe can be made to use on:
- Corn on the cob. Sprinkle it over freshly cooked, buttered corn.
- Prime rib. Roasted meats sparkle when rubbed with seasoned salt. That’s why there’s a famous restaurant dedicated to Lawry’s prime rib.
- Carne Asada. Made for special occasions in Mexico, they love to use seasoned salt.
- Chicken. Homemade rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken…it’s all better with this stuff.
- Potatoes. Any kind of potatoes: French fries, smashed red potatoes, mashed potatoes, you name it.
- Chex Mix. Easily the most addictive snack on the planet.
- Fish. Fried fish, baked trout, or grilled salmon
- Salads and casseroles. Coleslaw, pasta salad, scalloped potatoes all taste a little better.
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, sugar, paprika, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, and cornstarch. Store covered in an airtight container.