What is celery salt?
Celery salt is a seasoning made from ground celery seeds and salt. In this version, I dry out and grind celery leaves instead of seeds.
The amount of leaves per bunch of celery varies, but I was able to get it about 1 cup of loosely-packed celery leaves from one bunch celery. That yields about 2 tablespoons celery salt.
How to make celery salt:
- First, roast the celery leaves at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Cool them slightly, then transfer them to a spice grinder.
- Add salt and pulverize.
So easy to make and so delicious!
Homemade Celery Salt Recipe
- 1 cup loosely-packed celery leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange celery leaves in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking time.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Transfer to spice grinder.
- Add salt and process until finely ground. Cool completely and store covered in pantry.