Hot Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
These slow cooker Hot Turkey Sandwiches start with a can of beer and end with a stick of butter. So great for your next party! Or serve the shredded turkey for a fuss-free, delicious holiday meal any time of year.
Servings 20 servings
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 recipe homemade onion soup mix or 1 packet store-bought
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 10 pounds bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch optional
- Rolls split, for serving
Pour beer into slow cooker and turn on low heat. Stir in soup mix, pepper, parsley, and soup base.
Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and take off skin. Separate meat from the bones, discarding bones. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
Add butter, cover, and continue to heat until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir to blend butter with the sauce.
For a thicker broth, remove ½ cup broth and whisk with cornstarch. Add back to slow cooker and heat until broth is thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve in rolls.