Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili is a hearty, one-pot meal that’s perfect for using up leftover turkey. Just add everything to the crockpot, then set out all the toppings and let everyone craft their perfect bowl.
White Turkey Chili ingredients:
- Turkey. Great for your leftover turkey. Just shred or cube it.
- Beans. Canned white great Northern beans (you need 2 cans for this recipe).
- Corn. Frozen corn, or fresh corn cut off the cob. Leave this out if you get angry when you see corn in chili recipes.
- Canned green chilies. They come in 4-ounce cans, no need to drain the juices.
- Onion & garlic.
- Spices: Oregano, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper.
- Chicken Broth.
- Cream cheese. It's creamy, tangy, and melts into this soup like a dream.
- Half and half.
- Cilantro. Optional! If you think cilantro tastes like soap, please don't add it.
How to make Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili:This how-to doesn’t include specific recipe amounts; it’s just more of a basic walkthrough. The recipe card below has all the details!
- First, add the turkey, beans, corn, green chilies (with juice), onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Then pour in the chicken broth, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, if you like things a little spicy.
- Heat it up. Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Next, stir in the cream cheese and half and half. Sprinkle in the cilantro, if you’re using it. Cook the chili on HIGH for 15 minutes until the chili thickens.
- Set out the toppings and serve right from the slow cooker, if you want to.
Amazing White Turkey Chili toppings:
- Avocado. Diced or sliced.
- Jalapeños. Fresh or pickled.
- Shredded cheese.
- Sour cream. Because cream cheese and half and half is not enough cream.
- Chopped cilantro. See above (don't add it if you hate it).
- Fritos. Or crunchy corn tortilla strips.
- Chopped tomatoes.
Instant Pot White Turkey Chili:Electric pressure cookers are hands-free and make White Turkey Chili easy, all in under an hour. Here’s how:
- First, in the bottom of the Instant Pot, add turkey, broth, corn, beans, spices, onion, and garlic.
- Then cover with lid and seal. Switch the valve to the "sealing" position and cook for 20 minutes on manual high pressure. Once it is done cooking, let it naturally depressurize for 10 minutes then switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening lid.
- Add the half and half, cream cheese, and cilantro, and stir until melted. The cooker usually has a keep warm function that can continue to warm the chili.
Tasty changes to Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili:
- Ro*tel. Add a can, juice and all. You could swap this for the mild green chilies, too.
- Pinto beans. Or any bean. It will taste the same.
- Healthy White Turkey Chili. Skip the cream cheese and half and half, and purée some of the beans to make the broth-based chili creamy without cream.
- Salsa verde. No chilies? No problem. Tomatillo-based salsa verde tastes great on top.
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 cups leftover turkey shredded or cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild diced green chiles undrained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced avocado , jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla strips.
- To a slow cooker, add turkey, beans, corn, green chiles and juice, onion, and garlic. Stir in chicken broth, cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper (if using).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Stir in cream cheese, half and half, and cilantro (if using). Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir until uniformly combined and season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Serve as desired with avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla strips.