A little sweet, a little spicy, and tons of flavor, this recipe for Mango Salsa will become your all-time favorite! Easy to mix together in minutes, it’s perfect as a dip for tortilla chips or as a topping for freshly grilled meats. The flavors get better the longer it sits, so be sure to make this ahead of time.
What is in mango salsa?
Mango salsa is a combination of fresh (or frozen – we’ll get to that later) mango, jalapeños, onions, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, & white pepper.
How do you peel a mango?
- Cut off the bottom stem end.
- Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, peel from the cut bottom edge in one swift motion.
- Continue until all the peel has been removed.
How do you core a mango?
Mangoes have an oblong seed down the center of the fruit.
- Stand the peeled mango up, cut side down.
- Beginning about ¼ inch from the center, slice the “cheek” away from the seed, following the rounded shape of the seed.
- Continue the same motion on the opposite side.
- Once the “cheeks” are removed, lay the seed flat and use an angled cut to remove a wedged piece from each side.
Can I use frozen mango?
Yes! And a great idea, especially when mangoes are out of season.
A 16 oz bag of frozen mango will yield about the same as 2 mangoes. To prep, simply defrost and drain residual juices. Cube each mango chunk into ¼ inch square, as the frozen mango pieces are about an inch in diameter.
What about canned mango?
Another great idea, but keep in mind most canned mango is packed in syrup. Since mango is sweet enough on its own, the added sugar is unnecessary.
If you are really in a pinch and canned mango is your only option, drain, rinse, and continue to mix with the remainder of the ingredients. One 15-oz can should give you the same amount as 2 mangoes.
Save this Mango Salsa to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 ripe mangos peeled, cored and diced
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium bowl, add jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the diced mangos. Chill at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve with tortilla chips.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.