Black Bean Salsa
Whip up a giant batch of Black Bean Salsa in minutes! It’s fresh and delicious, perfect for parties, so easy to make, and addictive!
I have fond, nostalgic feelings for Black Bean Salsa.
When I first began dabbling in the world of the culinary arts, I found a recipe for Black Bean Salsa on a can of Bush’s Black Beans. Over the years it has evolved, as I have evolved, but Black Bean Salsa and me continue to be friends.
I have made it for more parties than I can count, and everyone always wants the recipe.
I like Black Bean Salsa because it can be made with either all fresh ingredients, mostly canned ingredients, or a mixture of both.
I always use black beans, but really, you could use whatever type of bean you prefer or have on hand. Tomatoes can be canned or fresh, or you can get the kind with bell peppers already mixed in.
Any kind of bell pepper tastes good here. I usually go with green for the color. Onion is open for interpretation too – red, white, yellow, green, sweet. Whatever you like or whatever is on sale.
If your mom or best friend hates cilantro, try Black Bean Salsa with parsley instead. I have never added avocado, but I know it would be amazing here. Like things spicy? Add a jalapeño or some Tabasco sauce.
What really makes it good is the combination of fresh garlic, red wine vinegar, and lime juice. I have specific measurements listed in the recipe, but I rarely follow them. I pour what looks good and taste until I get it the way I want it. The flavors develop as the Black Bean Salsa rests, and somehow it always comes out perfectly.
Black Bean Salsa is fast, fresh, healthy, and delicious. Without trying, it happens to be vegan and gluten-free, too.
Save this Black Bean Salsa to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Black Bean Salsa
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:35 min
Total Time:45 min
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can of corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes prior to serving to let flavors blend. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to grilled meats.