It only takes 3 ingredients to make these easy, cheesy Pizza Sticks! Wrap cheese and mini pepperonis in wonton wrappers, then fry to crispy golden perfect. So great with marinara sauce, ranch, or nacho cheese dipping sauces!
I feel like I should keep this post as short as possible, because the sooner you are done reading, the sooner you can make these amazing, delicious, addictive, mouth-watering, Pizza Sticks.
This trifecta of tastiness is as easy as wrapping up a cheese stick with some pepperoni in an egg roll and deep-frying it. You could bake these stuffed Pizza Sticks too, but why would you want to do that? Better to heat up a vat of oil. If that seems like a lot of work, trust me: It’s worth it.
I use smoked mozzarella string cheese (personal preference) and mini Hormel pepperoni.
I slice each cheese stick about 75% of the way through lengthwise, creating a slice where I can stuff pepperoni.
I also create a second line of pepperoni next to the cheese stick on the egg roll wrapper. I’ve found that this double-whammy of pepperoni ensures you’ll get delicious pepperoni flavor in each bite.
Roll the wonton wrappers around the cheese and pepperoni as if you were wrapping a burrito or a special birthday gift.
As for the dipping sauce, I have an easy recipe for my favorite Homemade Marinara Sauce. It’s just 5 pantry ingredients and comes together in minutes.
I like it on everything from pasta to homemade pizza and of course, as an appetizer dipping sauce.
3-Ingredient Pizza Sticks
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks sliced mostly through lengthwise
- 1 package mini pepperoni
- 2 quarts vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Set up an area for assembling the pizza sticks. Working with one egg roll wrapper at a time, lay an egg roll wrapper on a plate. Arrange a cheese stick at one end.
- Fill the cheese stick with pepperoni where it has been sliced lengthwise and arrange additional pepperoni in a line next to the cheese slice. Brush all the edges of the egg roll wrapper with water.
- Starting at the end of the wrapper with the cheese stick, roll the wrapper tightly around the cheese stick and the pepperoni. When the cheese stick is about 75% rolled, fold in the sides like a burrito and continue rolling.
- Seal the edges of the egg roll wrapper on itself. Set aside on a plate covered with a damp paper towel and repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, stock pot, or electric deep fryer to 350°F. Working in batches, deep-fry 3 to 4 pizza sticks at a time until the egg roll wrapper is golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with remaining pizza sticks.
- Serve pizza sticks warm with the marinara dipping sauce on the side if desired.