Veggie Pizza is the ultimate party food: Always a hit, never any leftovers! It’s also the tastiest way to eat vegetables, ever.
So here’s the thing about classic recipes such as Veggie Pizza: They really ought to be left alone.
Yes, I love using whole-food ingredients as much as the next person. I adore making everything from scratch. There was even a time where I made this recipe using puff pastry because it seemed like a better idea…. but you know what?
It’s wasn’t. It’s not.
You were meant to make Veggie Pizza with crescent rolls, not puff pastry. You were meant to make Veggie Pizza with dry ranch dressing mix, not fresh herbs.
Do not try to dress this Veggie Pizza recipe up in fancy pants and think it’s going to be better. Nothing beats the classic version.
In the event that you just cannot handle Veggie Pizza with exploding-can crescent rolls, I recommend you substitute my homemade crescent rolls. And if that’s too much work, store-bought puff pastry definitely fits the bill here, too. I’ve tried it. It’s great! The flakiness just makes eating the vegetable pizza a little messier.
Cream Cheese Blend
No need to pay for over-priced Hidden Valley Ranch packets anymore! My homemade ranch dressing mix recipe tastes even better on this Veggie Pizza appetizer and is super easy to make. Store-bought packets are fine, too.
Top it Off!
As for the Veggie Pizza toppings, that’s where your fun and creativity comes in. I love a classic combination of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots plus one or two extras such as tomatoes, bell peppers, scallions, or black olives. And of course, shredded cheddar cheese. Use whatever knocks your socks off! It’s a vegetarian pizza that everyone will love.
Make it Ahead
One of my favorite features of this homemade Veggie Pizza recipe is how easily it can be made in advance. You can bake the crust a day in advance, mix up the cream cheese blend the night before, and even chop all your vegetables. Assemble everything an hour before your event, or if you’re traveling, transport the components separately and assemble at your destination..
Need something that tastes a lot like this but travels even more easily? Try my recipe for Vegetable Tortilla Roll Ups.
Save this Veggie Pizza to your
“Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix or make it from scratch
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped or shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup each additional chopped vegetables such as bell pepper, tomato, scallions, or black olives
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 11-inch by 17-inch or larger baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Unroll crescent roll triangles and arrange into rectangles to from a crust, pressing the seams together.
- Bake the crust according to the package instructions, about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and salad dressing mix. Chill in refrigerator to blend flavors while crust cools.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Sprinkle with cheese and any additional vegetables, if using.
- Chill at least one hour before slicing to serve.
To make ahead, bake the crust, cool completely, and cover with plastic wrap overnight. The cream cheese mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance, and all vegetables can be prepped in advance too.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.