Beloved by kids and adults alike, Veggie Pizza is quite possibly the tastiest way for people to eat their vegetables. You won’t have any leftovers!
What to grab at the store to make Veggie Pizza:
- Two cans of crescent roll dough.
- Two 8-ounce packages of cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise. (some cooks prefer sour cream instead)
- Packet of ranch dressing mix.
- Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Vegetables. Grab a mixture from the salad bar, or just buy: cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, black olives, scallions
How to make Veggie Pizza:
These instructions walk you through the basics without giving you specific ingredient amounts, which are all listed below in the recipe card.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a large (at least 11” by 17”) baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Next, unroll the crescent roll dough and form the triangles into rectangles to form a crust inside the baking sheet. Press the seams together with your fingertips.
- Bake the crust using the package instructions—usually about 12 to 15 minutes—until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before proceeding.
- While the crust is baking, make the herbed cream cheese. Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dried salad dressing mix. Chill in the refrigerator until the crust is cool. Let all those herbs mingle together and get tasty!
- When you’re ready, spread a layer of the cream cheese over the cooled crust.
- Then arrange the veggies over that, from edge to edge. Next, sprinkle on the cheese. Voilà!
- Pop it back in the fridge and let it chill for an hour before cutting into pieces.
Making Veggie Pizza ahead of time:
You got this!
- Bake the crust up to a day ahead of time. Wrap it up and keep it out at room temperature.
- Make the cream cheese spread and store it in the refrigerator.
- Chop up your veggies and have them ready to go.
- When it’s time to party, tote them to your destination and top the pizza when you arrive. You don’t even need to ask the host for an oven. How great is that?
Other fantabulous Veggie Pizza combinations:
Any vegetable is pretty incredible on this pizza, but here are some other combos to light a spark or two for other delicious ideas. Be sure to cut the vegetables so they are bite-sized and are easier to eat. Finish with a dusting of shredded Parmesan cheese or some cracked pepper.
- Red peppers, black olives, and scallions with shredded mozzarella
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese
- Chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese
- Tricolor peppers, carrots, and green onions
Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped or shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup each additional chopped vegetables such as bell pepper, tomato, scallions, or black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 11-inch by 17-inch or larger baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Unroll crescent roll triangles and arrange into rectangles to from a crust, pressing the seams together.
- Bake the crust according to the package instructions, about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix. Chill in refrigerator to blend flavors while crust cools.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Sprinkle with cheese and any additional vegetables, if using. Chill before cutting into squares.
- Bake the crust, cool completely, and cover with plastic wrap overnight.
- The cream cheese mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance.
- All vegetables can be prepped in advance too.