I teamed up with Ortega to bring you this Taco Pizza recipe! Ortega’s vast line of products bring unique, unexpected Mexican flavor to many recipes, adding a unique twist to any meal occasion. I’ve been compensated for my time. All opinions are mine alone.
An easy recipe for Taco Pizza. Start with a store-bought crust and top with a salsa-refried beans mix, seasoned ground beef, cheese, and crunchy tortilla chips. Bake until bubbly and then top with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite taco sauce! Ready in 30 minutes or less and so delicious.
We’re only one week away from Cinco de Mayo, and I wanted to make something new and different for the upcoming Fiesta. Normally I throw a party at my house, but this year I’m making and taking along all the food to a friend’s house.
I’ll be making Carne Asada, Mexican Rice, Guacamole, and a few different kinds of salsa. But to kick things off, I’m going to make this easy Taco Pizza!
What is on Taco Pizza?
I replaced the “sauce” with a mixture of Ortega Refried Beans and Ortega Salsa. I used mild salsa, but the medium heat salsa tastes great too! Choose from Homestyle or Thick and Chunky styles.
Along with their beans and salsa, Ortega’s complete range of innovative shells, premier taco sauces, seasonings, peppers, and skillet sauces enhance any Mexican meal occasion.
Next, add cooked ground beef seasoned with Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix. Top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips, then baked until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through.
Finally, remove from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite Ortega Taco Sauce.
Ortega offers consumers a full line of high quality, great tasting Mexican food products that my whole family loves. Yes it’s more convenient, but you don’t sacrifice quality or flavor in the process.
And their product line is vast: Seasonings, sauces, salsas, canned beans, shells. You name it, they have it. And don’t forget, Ortega has the #1 Taco Sauce in America!
What is Mexican pizza?
Mexican pizzas are typically built on corn tortillas, not pizza crusts. But otherwise, all the same toppings shown here (or any you can dream up!) show up on Mexican Pizzas.
Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ortega Refried Beans
- 3/4 cup Ortega Homestyle Mild Salsa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 bottle Ortega Taco Sauce mild, medium, or hot
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine refried beans and salsa. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Drain well. Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Top with refried bean mixture. Divide beef, cheese, and tortilla chips between both pizza crusts.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes. Drizzle with taco sauce.