This Artichoke A La Mode Flatbread Pizza has the easiest crust and the best toppings, ever. You need cream cheese on your next pizza!
Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes the perfect pizza.
You might prefer the soft and pillowy deep-dish crust or the thin and crispy, almost cracker-like version. You might like extra cheese, extra sauce, or no sauce. Maybe you like sausage and pepperoni, or maybe you see pizza as the best way to eat more vegetables.
But I think we can all agree: Cream cheese is exactly what your next pizza needs.
The first time I tried pizza with cream cheese was in Milwaukee (yes, I’m a Cheesehead).
The original restaurant burned down (oh, the shock and horror!), but eventually they rebuilt and we all rejoiced.
In the interim, I had to get my cream-cheese-pizza-fix somehow… so I started making this Artichoke A La Mode Flatbread Pizza at home.
Nothing could be easier. Store-bought flatbread (sometimes called Naan bread) are effortless and delicious. I used my super-simple homemade marinara sauce (or sub store-bought pizza sauce) and PLENTY of mozzarella cheese.
And then the toppings! Oh, the toppings. Artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and: Cream Cheese.
Do you find yourself wondering how you’ve gone this long in life without putting cream cheese on your pizza?
It’s okay. That’s why I’m here. Sometimes you just need a Cheesehead to point these things out.
By the way, the recipe is on the table in 15 minutes or less. Works great on the grill, too!
(Need more protein? Add grilled chicken! It’s EPIC!)
Artichoke A La Mode Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- 4 flatbreads (see notes)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- fresh basil leaves thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler on low. Arrange flatbreads in a single layer on two baking sheets.
- Top each flatbread with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Divide the tomato slices evenly among the flatbreads and top each with several artichoke hearts.
- Drop several teaspoon-sized dollops of cream cheese on each pizza. Broil in the oven until the artichokes and tomatoes are heated through and the cheese has melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with basil, and serve.