Chipotle Guacamole Recipe (Copycat)
This Chipotle Guacamole recipe is the real deal. With just six ingredients and a few minutes, you can enjoy as much Chipotle Guacamole at home as you can mash!
Update: Now that Chipotle has released their official recipe for Guacamole, my quest may have been in vain. However, I have lots more Chipotle copycat recipes to offer you such as the chicken, cilantro-lime rice, and fajita vegetables! My black beans are pretty good too (and made in a slow cooker!).
Nothing makes me happier than watching a cheerful, smiling Chipotle employee drop a HUGE scoop of guacamole on top of my order. It makes my day. My favorite food at Chipotle is, without question, their guacamole. Why is it so good? What makes theirs so much better than everyone else’s on the planet?
After scooping the avocado flesh into a bowl, toss it with lime juice and add salt. Mash. Then, add finely chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño peppers. Add more salt if desired (I generally desire more salt), and mix it up. And that’s it!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Total Time: 7 min
- 2 large Haas avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, including seeds, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados and lime juice. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add salt and mash until smooth.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, and peppers. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- To refrigerate, place in a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on top of the entire surface of the guacamole so no part is exposed to air. Serve with chips.