Chipotle Guacamole Recipe (Copycat)
This Chipotle Guacamole recipe is the real deal. With just six ingredients and a few minutes, you can enjoy as much Chipotle Guacamole at home as you can mash!
Update: Now that Chipotle has released their official recipe for Guacamole, my quest may have been in vain. However, I have lots more Chipotle copycat recipes to offer you such as the chicken, cilantro-lime rice, and fajita vegetables! My black beans are pretty good too (and made in a slow cooker!).
Guacamole is my everything in the world of Mexican food. Luscious and creamy, satisfying, filling, and yet inexplicably a “healthy fat.” No matter what “diet” you are on, you can eat guacamole.
And when I don’t have every last little component, an avocado mashed up with salt and lime juice is a great substitute.
But when I’m going for The Real Deal, nothing tastes as good as the green stuff from Chipotle.
Whether it’s a huge dollop on my burrito bowl or a cup full with deep-fried, salty tortilla chips, Chipotle’s guacamole is the standard by which I judge all others.
And luckily, nothing could be easier to make!
Halve a couple of avocados, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh. Toss the avocado with lime juice and add salt. Mash. Then, add finely chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeño peppers. Add more salt if desired (I generally desire more salt), and mix it up. And that’s it!
Happiness is a big green bowl of guac.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Total Time: 7 min
- 2 large Haas avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, including seeds, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados and lime juice. Toss until evenly coated.
- Add salt and mash until smooth.
- Stir in onion, cilantro, and peppers. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- To refrigerate, place in a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on top of the entire surface of the guacamole so no part is exposed to air. Serve with chips.