Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are rich, cheesy, and insanely addictive. You’ll want to eat the filling all by itself but it’s even BETTER when it’s hot and bubbly!
I eat Crab Stuffed Mushroom filling the way other people eat raw cookie dough.
Cold, un-baked, and so-good-I-can’t-stop addictive.
And once it’s baked to golden, bubbly perfection in a mushroom cap? It’s game over for this girl.
We’re talking about two cheese, crab meat, and scallions which is just the most perfect flavor combination ever.
True mushroom lovers, prepare to swoon.
To me, the biggest challenge with mushrooms is always cleaning them.
More times than I can count, I’ve seen Celebrity Chefs tout the virtues of “brushing mushrooms clean with a damp cloth.”
Although I adore watching Rachel Ray poke at a handful of already-squeaky-cleaning mushrooms for 2 seconds each, somehow my mushrooms are always much dirtier than hers. I’d be there all day if I followed her method.
I sent an email to the folks at Cook’s Illustrated inquiring about this, and they were kind enough to respond. They suggested I place the mushrooms in a salad spinner, fill it with water, quickly swish the mushrooms around, drain them, and give them a whirl in the spinner.
This is what I do now and it works just fine. My mushrooms are not overly waterlogged, especially when I’m cooking them and the water is going to cook out anyway. Besides, at least I know there is no dirt flavoring my beloved mushroom filling.
The filling can be made in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to stuff the mushrooms. And, you may have some filling leftover. It is delicious on crackers or chunks of bread as a dip.
The recipe calls for imitation crab meat, but you are welcome to add sophistication to your dish by using real lump crab meat. I have always used baby Portobello mushrooms, but you may substitute button mushrooms.
Either way, I love them to the moon and back.
Save this Crab Stuffed Mushrooms to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces imitation crab meat finely chopped
- 2 scallions green parts only, sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound baby Portobello or white button mushrooms stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in crab meat, scallions, and mozzarella cheese.
- Divide filling evenly among mushroom caps. Place on the baking sheet 1” apart.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly.
I got this recipe from my friend Sandy.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.