Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are rich, cheesy, and insanely addictive. You’ll want to eat the filling all by itself but it’s even BETTER when it’s hot and bubbly! Scroll down for an easy video tutorial.
I eat Crab Stuffed Mushroom filling the way other people eat raw cookie dough: Cold, un-baked, and so-good-I-can’t-stop addictive.
And once it’s baked to golden, bubbly perfection in a mushroom cap? It’s game over for this girl.
True mushroom lovers, prepare to swoon.
Is it OK to wash mushrooms?
Yes! I don’t recommend submerging them in water for an extended period of time, but a quick rinse and a spin in a salad spinner is a great, America’s-Test-Kitchen-approved way to clean mushrooms.
You can also wipe them down with a clean, damp kitchen towel.
What do you put in Stuffed Mushrooms?
These mushrooms are filled with a delicious combination of cream cheese, sour cream, spices, cheese, and crab meat! Imitation crab meat is fine. It still tastes amazing.
What Cheese is Best for Stuffed Mushrooms?
For most fillings, I like to start with cream cheese. For additional stuffing or topping, choose a nice melting cheese such as mozzarella or Monterey Jack. Or, choose something with a nice flavor such as Parmesan. No bad choices!
How do you make stuffed mushrooms ahead?
The filling can be made in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to stuff the mushrooms. And, you may have some filling leftover. It is delicious on crackers or chunks of bread as a dip.
I like to use baby portobello mushrooms, but white button mushrooms are great too. Either way, I love them to the moon and back!
Save this Crab Stuffed Mushrooms to your “Appetizers” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces imitation crab meat finely chopped
- 2 scallions green parts only, sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound baby Portobello or white button mushrooms stems removed
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in crab meat, scallions, and mozzarella cheese.
Divide filling evenly among mushroom caps. Place on the baking sheet 1 inc apart.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly.
I got this recipe from my friend Sandy.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.