Quick and easy Shrimp Scampi is on the table in 30 minutes! So buttery and delicious, the whole family will love it. Great with pasta, rice, or bread.
This is a quick and easy dinner that you can throw together in no time flat, and it tastes even better than something from your local chain Italian restaurant.
While your noodles are cooking, whip up a quick buttery-garlic lemon sauce (I love every adjective in that phrase).
Add the shrimp for a couple of minutes (it only takes a couple of minutes to cook shrimp) and then toss in your pasta.
Dinner is served!
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter divided (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled, tails on
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil and heat until butter is melted. Stir in the garlic and lemon zest until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the wine, red pepper flakes if using, and salt and pepper to taste (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Bring to boil. Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until the shrimp are slightly translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve with pasta, rice, or crusty bread if desired.