Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Quick and easy Shrimp Scampi is on the table in 30 minutes! So buttery and delicious, the whole family will love it. Great with pasta, rice, or bread.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter divided (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled, tails on
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil and heat until butter is melted. Stir in the garlic and lemon zest until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Stir in the wine, red pepper flakes if using, and salt and pepper to taste (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Bring to boil. Add the shrimp, cover, and cook until the shrimp are slightly translucent, about 2 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve with pasta, rice, or crusty bread if desired.