Scotcheroos are like rice krispy bars on steroids. Made with peanut butter and topped with butterscotch-chocolate frosting, prepare to be ADDICTED!
In some parts of the world, Scotcheroos are known as Fat Bars.
Once you try one, though, you won’t care WHAT they are called. You’ll just want to eat more. They are absolutely spectacular.
These little no-bake treats are basically the best idea, ever. First you make a sauce of corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter. Then, you pour it over crispy rice cereal.
NEXT, you top it with melted chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Last, cut them into small squares. These babies are as rich as they are tasty!
Make Scotcheroos for parties, Christmas, Game Day, and your next birthday. Make them ahead and keep them in your fridge. Bravery is recommended so you don’t eat them all!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 18 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with butter or nonstick spray.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a large stock pot or Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal to pot and stir until evenly coated. Press into prepared pan.
- In medium sauce pan, combine butterscotch chips and chocolate chips and heat until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over cereal bars and cool completely. Cut into squares.