The ultimate chocolate dessert! Layers of brownie pieces, rich chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and crushed Oreos. Swoon! Scroll down to see how the video – this is so easy to make, too!
I’d like to introduce you to my new best friend and yours: The Oreo Brownie Trifle.
I mean, just LOOK AT THIS.
No, I didn’t learn this in a fancy pastry arts class at school. I MADE IT UP.
What this Oreo Brownie Trifle lacks in organization and sophistication, it makes up for in ridiculous deliciousness.
I invented this chocolate wonder a few years ago to answer the question: What dessert has all my favorite things?
This was my answer then, and this is my answer now.
And it’s so easy you’ll want to make it for Memorial Day.
I started with a boxed brownie mix. Say what you want about the goodness of homemade brownies, but the boxed ones feel just right when you’re pairing them with instant pudding, faux-dairy topping, and store-bought cookies.
Once you layer everything, chill it for an hour or two just so the pudding has a chance to set and the whipped topping is nice and cold.
Then, grab a large spoon or shovel and dig in.
Oreo Brownie Trifle
For the brownie mix:
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
For the pudding mix:
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
For the trifle:
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 12 Oreos crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch by 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water. Pour into greased pan and bake until done, about 40 minutes. Cool. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, vanilla, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces of whipped topping. Fold until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and 4 ounces of remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with crumbled Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.