No Bake OREO Mint Truffles
Easy no bake OREO Mint Truffles with an Andes Candies coating. The classic cookie-and-cream-cheese filling with a perfect minty finish!
After creating a basic OREO Truffle recipe a couple of years ago, I have been meaning to create more variations. I decided to start with an OREO Mint Truffle.
I knew that adding the exact right intensity and flavor of mint was crucial.
Should I use mint extra in the filling? In the chocolate coating? Should I use mint OREOs? Something other minty ingredient?
I got it right on the first try: Melted Andes Candies on the outside.
Just like my classic version, you start with an entire package of OREO cookies.
I definitely recommend using a food processor to crush the cookies. You can also add the cream cheese to it, too.
Roll the truffles and put them in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes. This will give you exactly enough time to get your Andes Candies melted.
Ever since I bought these mixing bowls, I can’t get enough of double-boiling things. Melting chocolate has never been more relaxing! However, your microwave works too. Do 30-second increments at 50% power, stirring after each round.
I also added a minty-colored drizzle using white melting candies with green food coloring. This step is completely optional, but I think it looks great! And it really clues people in to what they are biting.
Save these OREO Mint Truffles to your “Desserts” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
No Bake Oreo Mint Truffles
- 1 (14.3 ounce) package OREO cookies 36 cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 4 (4.67 ounce)packages Andes Creme de Menthe Thins
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Bright White Candy Melts for drizzling, optional
- Green food coloring for candy melts, optional
- In a food processor or by hand, finely crush cookies. Add cream cheese and mix until evenly combined (filling should have a fudgy texture and appearance).
- Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set Andes Candies in a bowl over a pot of simmering water (double-boiler method) or melt in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments.
- Using a spoon, carefully roll chilled balls in melted candies. Place in single layer in baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, melt candy melts in a double boiler or microwave as outlined above. Carefully stir in a few drops of green food coloring to create a minty green color.
- Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the melted mint-colored chocolate over the truffles. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.