Dreamy Chocolate Lasagna has all the dessert flavors you need! An OREO crust, sweet cream cheese filling, and chocolate pudding are all kinds of perfection.
My sister-in-law, Erin, is famously afraid of lasagna noodles.
So when she sent me a picture of Chocolate Lasagna captioned “Finally a lasagna that doesn’t freak me out,” I knew I had to make it immediately.
And not a moment too soon! Right?! From the bottom up, here are the layers in this delicious No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna:
- OREO Cookie Crust
- Cream cheese with sugar and whipped topping
- Chocolate pudding
- Whipped topping
It’s a lot like my OREO Brownie Trifle without the brownies. Not a bad situation.
This is definitely a make-ahead dessert, too. That comes in handy whether you are making it for a birthday party, a summer picnic, or Christmas morning.
If you want to have Dessert Lasagna after Regular Lasagna, check out my almost-famous Overnight Lasagna Recipe (aka World’s Best Lasagna). But not you, Erin! It has giant noodles. :)
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package Oreo cookies (36 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/4 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) tub whipped topping thawed and divided
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
- In a food processor, or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs. In a medium bowl, add Oreo crumbs and melted butter and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press the crust firmly and evenly into the bottom of baking dish.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer, add cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk and beat until combined.
- Stir in half of the whipped topping (about 8 ounces) to cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie crust and refrigerate to set, about 10 minutes.
- While the cream cheese layer is chilling, using a standing mixer fit with the paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer, on medium speed add instant pudding and remaining 3 1/4 cups milk. Beat until mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Spread pudding mixture over chilled cream cheese layer and refrigerate to set, about 10 minutes.
- Once set, gently spread remaining 8 ounces whipped topping over pudding layer and garnish with mini chocolate chips. Cover loosely with cling wrap and chill for 4 hours, or freeze for 1 hour. Cut into slices and serve.