My grandma’s famous Frosty Chocolate Cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust and a creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. And it’s best served ice cold!
The only thing better than Chocolate Cheesecake is a frozen Chocolate Cheesecake. Even in the dead of winter! I’m serious.
The rich, chocolatey filling is lightened up with whipped cream and poured over a homemade chocolate cookie crust.
How to beat heavy cream to Soft Peaks
Start with a clean bowl and your heavy cream. Chill the bowl if you have time (30 minutes in the freezer) and keep the cream in the refrigerator until right when you need it.
Using a standing mixer fit with the whip attachment, or an electric mixer by hand, whip the cream on low; gradually increase speed to medium.
Do not turn the mixer to high or you may over-whip the cream. When you lift the tip of the beater, the tip of the cream will curl slightly.
It takes 6 to 8 hours to freeze the cake solid (it’s best if you can leave it overnight), but just like Grandma does, you can make it a month in advance. (She does her entire Christmas Eve meal this way, too).
Let the cake rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before slicing. You’re going to love it!
Frosty Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 1 (8 ounce) package Nabisco chocolate wafers crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces whipping cream
For the crust:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the crushed chocolate wafers, sugar, and butter until thoroughly mixed. Press into the bottom and sides of a springform pan, reserving 1/4 cup of the mixture for topping.
For the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chocolate syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the chocolate mixture until no streaks remain.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the springform pan and top with reserved crumb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and foil, and freeze, 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to serving. Store leftovers in the freezer.