This refreshing minty Mojito Mocktail has all the flavor and none of the booze! Just muddle fresh mint, lime, and sugar (or agave) and top with ice and club soda. You’ll never even miss the rum.
Mojito Mocktail Ingredients:
- Mint. Cool minty leaves muddled in the bottom.
- Lime. Bright and citrusy.
- Sugar. Or your sweetener of choice (agave is nice).
- Ice. Keep it cold!
How do you Mix a Mojito Mocktail?
- First, muddle the mint and 1 wedge of lime in the bottom of a glass (cocktail glass, highball, something short and sturdy).
- Next, add the sugar and more lime. Mash it up!
- Finally, fill the glass with ice and top with club soda or seltzer water. Enjoy!
Where are Mojitos from?
The history is a little murky, but classic Mojitos (with rum) are from Cuba, probably dating back to the 1500’s.
Can I use a different sweetener other than sugar?
Yes, agave and honey are both excellent. They will change flavor slightly, but in a good way!
Worried about saving calories? By going the “mocktail” route with your Mojito (no rum), you’ve already eliminated about 100 calories from your drink!
What do you do with a muddler?
A muddler is a bartender’s tool used to smash ingredients such as herbs, fruits, and spices in the bottom of a glass prior to mixing a drink. This process releases juices, oils, and aromas.
How do you muddle mint without a muddler?
If you don’t have a muddler, you can use any kitchen utensil such as the end of a wooden spoon or rolling pin.
Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- 10 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/2 lime cut into 4 wedges, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup club soda
- In a medium sturdy glass, add mint leaves and 1 lime wedge. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime, releasing the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Add club soda and more sugar to taste if desired. Garnish with mint leaves and remaining lime wedge.