I have a new companion on my dairy-free journey! My husband has agreed to avoid milk, butter, cheese, and all other dairy goodness as part of his New Year’s resolutions. We’ll see if we both keep up the diet once I wean my infant son C (he is the one with the dairy allergies). Until then, we don’t have to sacrifice delicious food nor nutrition because we eat delicious meals like Rosemary Bacon Chicken.
It’s as good as it sounds. Chewy Bacon and fragrant chopped rosemary are layered under the skin of chicken breast and baked. What I love about this recipe is the prep work can be done in advance and both this and my Rosemary Roasted Vegetables recipe can bake simultaneously at the same temperature for the same amount of time! Brilliant! It’s all done at once.
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 4 split chicken breasts, bone in and skin on
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with a silicone mat.
- Arrange chicken breasts on sheet. Slide hand under skin to loosen but keep attached.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and place two pieces under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Divide chopped rosemary and scatter on top of bacon, beneath skin. Carefully pull skin to cover filling.
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken breasts and rub to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken for 40–45 minutes, until skin is lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165° F.