An easy recipe for creamy, delicious Thai Peanut Dressing. Made from mostly pantry ingredients, this dressing is delicious on salads, grilled chicken, or for dipping your favorite appetizers!
This is a great all-purpose sauce, marinade, and salad dressing. Put it to work any time you want some peanut flavor in your life!
The best part is, it’s made with mostly pantry ingredients so you don’t have to invest in things like Thai bird chiles, fish sauce, hoisin, or anything else uncommon.
How do you make Thai Peanut Sauce?
It’s as easy as combining everything in a bowl!
In a medium bowl, mix:
- peanut butter
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- honey (or agave nectar)
- lime juice
- sesame oil
- red chili flakes
If the dressing feels too thick, thin it with water until you reach your preferred consistency.
To make a spicy Thai peanut dressing, add more red chili flakes to taste.
To make this peanut dressing vegan, substitute agave nectar for honey.
To make a healthy Thai Peanut Dressing, use all-natural peanut butter with no sugar added. You can also reduce the honey or agave nectar.
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, honey, lime juice, ginger, sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- If the dressing is thick, thin with water. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper) and more red chili flakes if desired.