Spicy Pork Burgers topped with a feta-mustard mayonnaise and pickled beets! An amazing flavor combination and hand's down my favorite burger of all time.
You're going to think I'm crazy, but this is the best burger I've ever had.
I'm the person who orders a burger everywhere I go. It's the standard by which I judge all establishments. It's the thing I make at home when I want to be deliciously happy.
I'll admit I was skeptical at first (feta mustard? pickled beets? WHAT?), it only took one bite for me to be a believer.
Start with a simple seasoning blend and mix it up with ground pork. While your burgers are grilling (or frying or broiling or however you want to cook them), mix the feta mustard. It's an amazing combination of feta cheese, whole grain mustard, and mayonnaise. It's everything I want on my burger, ever!
Now, let's talk about Brioche Buns.
These buttery, French-style rolls toast up with crispy edges and the perfect chew, and they've started showing up everywhere (much to my delight!). I have seen them at Whole Foods, Walmart, and ALDI. You can also buy them online at Williams-Sonoma.
Finally, the pickled beets. Their sweet acidity cuts through the richness of the feta mustard and makes the whole burger HAPPY. You can find them locally at any grocery store. I always buy Aunt Nellie's brand.
I hope you'll try this pork burger! And more importantly, I hope you love it as much as I do.
Pork Burgers with Feta Mustard Recipe
For the Pork Spice Blend:
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Burgers:
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 6 Bistro-style buns or other rolls, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 16 ounce jar pickled beets
- In a large bowl, combine garlic powder, coriander, fennel, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Add pork and gently mix until seasonings are distributed evenly. Form into 6 patties approximately 1/2-inch thick each.
- Preheat a large skillet or grill over medium-high heat. Add patties (frying in batches if necessary) and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted at the thickest part reaches 145 degrees.
- While the burgers are cooking, in a small bowl combine feta cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard and mix well. Drain 2 to 3 pickled beet slices per person.
- Transfer burgers to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Spread cut sides of buns with butter and toast in skillet or on grill until golden brown.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the bottom of each toasted bun with some of the feta mustard. Top each with a pork burger and 2 to 3 pickled beet slices.