Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
An effortless Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake topped with chocolate chips, peanut butter, and chopped candy bars (great for leftover candy!)
This Cookie Cake is as good as it sounds – and exactly what it sounds like: A cake made from chocolate chip cookie dough.
We’ve all had these before. I remember seeing them at the mall when I was in middle school and wondering WHO was buying and consuming such wondrous treats.
Turns out what you can make it home is a million times better!
At home… you can swirl melted chocolate chips and peanut butter on top of your Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.
At home… you can top said Cookie Cake with leftover Halloween candy.
(Leftover Halloween Candy?! Is there such a thing?! You’ll need to buy more candy to make this cake.)
All joking aside (or maybe this still sounds like a joke), I like to think of Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake as the island of misfit candies. I mean, I love Milky Way candy bars (because candy bar), but not nearly as much as love all the other candy bars.
To keep this cookie cake effortless, I used store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough. It is the perfect amount of cookie dough for the recipe, for one thing, and it means your Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is ready in a snap.
(Feel free to substitute homemade chocolate chip cookie dough).
Press the cookie dough into a pie plate (or a pizza pan, or a cake pan) and bake it until golden brown and sweetly fragrant. Once it’s out of the oven, top with chocolate chips and delicious dollops of peanut butter. The chocolate chips will get shiny and melted, and that’s when you swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together. It makes the a nice bed for the chopped candy bars.
I cut my Milky Way minis in to quarters to keep them bite-sized. The M&M’s are great for their color and for their ability to tempt husbands and children. People just can’t resist M&Ms.
I hope you’ll make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake all year-round. It’s fun and easy, customizable for birthdays or holidays, and a hit with any dessert lover!
Save this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake to your “Desserts” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- chopped candy bars or candy pieces for topping (I used quartered Milky Way bars and M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough evenly into the bottom and about 1” up the side of the pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are set and golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cookie crust. Using a spoon or cookie scoop coated with nonstick cooking spray, drop rounded teaspoonfuls of peanut butter on top of the chocolate chips. Let stand until the chocolate chips have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula or a butter knife, gently spread chocolate and peanut butter over the crust. Sprinkle candy pieces in a single layer on top.
- Chill at least 30 minutes to set topping. Cut into wedges and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.