Delicious chocolate brownies topped with creamy cheesecake filling! Quite possibly the perfect dessert. You’ll love how easy these Cheesecake Brownies are!
Cheesecake is like pizza. There aren’t any bad ones.
But there is still a hierarchy. Some are at the top, and some probably aren’t worth the stomach space. This is true for both cheesecake and pizza.
With equal parts of each dessert and a chocolate drizzle on top, Cheesecake Brownies at the top of my list.
I feel like I should warn you: the cheesecake filling has 4 boxes of cream cheese in it.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make these! That only means you *may* have to watch how big you cut your bars. They are rich and mighty, so a little goes a long way.
Having said that, no matter how small you cut them, I’ll eat my weight in Cheesecake Brownies any day. Seriously, that brownie layer cuts through the richness so well, it’s really easy to just keep eating them!
So pack your willpower, too.
Cheesecake Brownie Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate melted, cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a foil-lined 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions and pour into the prepared pan. Bake until top of brownie is shiny and center is almost set, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well mixed. Add sour cream and mix thoroughly. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until blended. Pour the mixture over the partially baked brownie, filling the mixture to almost the top of the pan.
- Bake until center is almost set, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife or metal spatula around the rim of the baking dish to loosen cake. Cool and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Allow to stand 30 minutes at room temperature prior to serving. Remove from the pan using the foil as a handle.
- Drizzle with chocolate and let stand until chocolate is firm. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.