The easiest Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing with NO raw eggs and NO anchovies! Just 5 common pantry ingredients make this version super creamy and flavorful.
I have always found Caesar Salad Dressing to be intimidating.
Maybe it’s because every time I read a recipe, it has a note like this: “WARNING: This recipe contains raw eggs. Do not consume raw eggs if you are pregnant, elderly, young, wearing false eyelashes, or it’s Wednesday.”
HYPERBOLE. But even if I fall into NONE of those classes, I’ve paused. I’m wondering if my eggs are safe enough to eat raw. And anchovies? Delicious but a bit scary, too. Do I get the ones packed in salt or oil? Do I rinse them? Do I chop them? Do I tell people that this salad dressing contains anchovies?
I’m officially exhausted and making ranch.
But seriously, what I love about this recipe is that you don’t have to fiddle with raw eggs and anchovies. And yet, this dressing tastes exactly the way you think it should! So what’s the secret?
Mayonnaise contains loads of eggs. Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies. Done and done.
Mix those up with a bit of spicy brown mustard, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. That’s it! Just 5 ingredients and nothing weird!
I love it when that happens. Less weirdness always.
By the way, try this best salad ever with your fresh batch of non-egg, non-anchovy super creamy and delicious Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing.
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper).