Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche made with store-bought pie crust. Sure to please everyone at the party, these tiny quiches are freezer friendly and so addictive!
Mini quiches are a great option for everything from weekend breakfast to New Year's Eve parties, baby showers, bridal showers, and after school snacks.
I especially love this ham and cheese version. Leftover ham is a thing in my life, possibly in yours too, and this is a great way to put it to use.
How do you make Mini Quiche?
- Cut out circles from purchased pie crust
- Lay the circles in the bottom of muffin tin
- Top with ham and cheese, then fill with egg.
- Pop in the oven.
How long does it take to bake a Mini Quiche?
Mini Ham and Cheese quiche bake in 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
If you want to make these ahead and freeze them, follow the recipe directions for baking, then cool. Freeze individually on a plate or sheet pan, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
Bake them straight from the freezer, in a 400-degree oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
How do you freeze and reheat mini quiche?
- Prepare and bake the recipe below as written. Cool mini quiches on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer mini quiches to a baking sheet or plate (one that fits in your freezer) and freeze until solid, at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
- Reheat mini quiches straight from the freezer (do not thaw) in a 400-degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
How do you make a mini crustless quiche?
You can easily leave out the pie crust for a gluten-free mini egg cup. The baking time is slightly shorter: 23 to 28 minutes at 375 degrees.
If you want to be fancy, call the crustless version mini frittatas!
Mini Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 4 pie crusts thawed (homemade or from 2 boxes store-bought)
For the Egg Mixture:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Filling:
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese grated
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) ham cubed
- Place the pie crust pouches to stand at room temperature about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 48 miniature muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open and unfold one pie crust, and press out any fold lines. With a 2 and 1/2 inch floured biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds. Repeat with remaining pie crusts. In the prepared muffin cups, press 1 round of pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and the salt. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Place one tablespoon of cheese into each of the muffin cups. Evenly divide the ham, about 1/2 teaspoon, into the muffin cups.
- Pour egg mixture into each of the 48 cups, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.