The very best Homemade Granola Recipe, easy to make and PACKED with fruit and nuts! Sweetened with honey, molasses, and vanilla. Makes a giant batch.
There is a person in my life whose granola is so good, she brings it along with her when she travels.
She literally packs a giant bag of granola in her suitcase so she never has to live a day in her life without her fabulous granola.
That person is my Aunt Jane, and this recipe is Jane’s Ultimate Homemade Granola Extravaganza.
It’s my favorite granola recipe. The first time I tried it, Jane was visiting California and brought her bag of granola along. More recently, I dined on it for a week while in Portland, and I begged her to share her recipe when I left.
May I never have to live a day in my life without Jane’s granola.
I’ve made my share of homemade granola recipes, but I normally try to sweeten them with coconut oil or maple syrup. Jane’s recipe gets its sweetness from honey, molasses, and vanilla.
It’s divine. And far superior.
Also, the batch size is INSANE. You start with a full TWO POUNDS of rolled oats. After all the mix-ins, you end up with about 18 cups of granola.
I used to bake granola on a rimmed baking sheet, but Jane recommends a large roasting pan. You know, the one in which you bake your giant turkey on Thanksgiving.
It’s actually genius because then you can stir the granola without fear of spilling it everywhere (well, certain special people such as myself will STILL spill the granola, but not as much).
Use raw nuts and seeds so you can roast them with the oats, then stir in the fruit at the end (while the granola is still warm and fragrant from the oven).
Serve it with milk, kefir, or your favorite yogurt and fresh berries on top. So sweet! So delicious. My new favorite way to start the day!
Save this Homemade Granola Recipe to your
“Breakfast” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds (8 cups) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds chopped
- 1 cup raw pecans chopped
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, molasses, and vanilla.
- To a large roasting pan, add oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt. Pour honey mixture over the top and stir to until evenly coated.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are lightly golden and fragrant and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the oven and stir in apricots and cranberries. Cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here.