These quick and tasty Cheeseburger Quesadillas are so easy to make! Serve with a crispy wedge salad on the side and lots of special sauce for a full meal.
If you ask me what my favorite food is, I will reply “Cheeseburgers” immediately and without hesitation.
So when my VIP reader Dave sent this recipe over, I knew I had to make it. It’s basically the essence of everything I love.
And leave it to Dave to pair it with a fresh and healthy wedge salad. He used Romaine, I used Iceberg, you can use whatever you want.
And yes: I know that Iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value. Save your emails. It’s going to be okay.
To keep your quesadillas from being too greasy, use a lean cut of beef and/or drain your cooked beef on paper towels.
Also, the pickles are optional. I love them, especially Claussen’s refrigerator pickles. I serve more on the side.
The sauce is basically Thousand Island dressing with a few other ingredients mixed in. It’s great! Put it on your quesadilla, put it on your salad, and put more on the side for dipping. Good idea, Dave.
Which brings me to the salad. Please use romaine if you want to. Or use something else. Or forgo the salad entirely and just eat the dressing. Whatever makes you happy!
Cheeseburger Quesadillas are all about being HAPPY.
Cheeseburger Quesadilla Recipe
For the Special Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Quesadillas:
- 1 pound 90% lean beef
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 dill pickle chips optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Wedge Salads:
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce cored and cut into 4 wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well on paper towels if desired.
- Wipe out skillet, coat with nonstick spray, and heat over medium heat. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, add to skillet. Top half the quesadilla with 1/2 cup cheese and 1/4 of the cooked beef.
- Top with pickle slices, if using, and another 1/2 cup cheese. Fold in half and cook until cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip quesadilla and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted and the second side is golden brown. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef, and cheese.
- Top each romaine half with some tomato, shallot, and a drizzle of mayonnaise dressing. Serve with quesadillas.
- Cut each tortilla in quarters and divide among 4 plates. Add one wedge of Iceberg to each plate and top with shallots and tomatoes. Drizzle the quesadillas and salad with sauce. Serve more sauce on the side if desired.