Easy Dill Dip
Easy Dill Dip is a sure-fire hit for all your parties from here on out. This super creamy classic uses only dried herbs and spices (a great excuse to raid your spice cabinet) and only tastes better when you make it a day in advance.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (see note 1)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (see note 2)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (see note 3)
- fresh vegetables for serving
In a medium bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, dried onion, parsley, dill, and celery salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve with fresh vegetables.
- Sour cream: Sour cream and mayo are the creamy power couple for so many dip recipes. Or substitute plain Greek yogurt in place of some or all of the sour cream.
- Mayonnaise: I like Hellman's or Best Foods.
- Celery salt: If you have celery leaves on hand, put them to work in homemade celery salt.
- Yield: One recipe makes about 2 1/4 cups of dip.
- Make ahead: Yes, please. Make the dip the day before and the ingredients will have a chance to mingle and get really flavorful.
- Storage: This is a cold dip, so keep it chilled in the refrigerator until you're ready to party.
- Fresh herbs: If you're lucky enough to have fresh dill, use some to sprinkle on the top or mix into the dip. However, I do really love the taste and texture of the dried onion and parsley.
- Garlic powder: Love garlic? Then add up to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the bowl for a garlicky, creamy dip.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg