Ranch Oyster Crackers
At my house, the Best Snack Award goes to Ranch Oyster Crackers. This easy, no-bake recipe is little more than crispy crackers tossed in butter, herbs, and spices, but even a big bowl disappears in minutes.
Servings 18 servings
- 1 cup butter melted (2 sticks)
- 1 recipe Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix or 1 packet store-bought (see note 1)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 18 ounces oyster crackers (see note 2)
Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil for easy cleanup. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, Ranch dressing mix, lemon pepper, dill weed, and garlic powder.
To a very large bowl, add oyster crackers. Drizzle with the melted butter mixture and toss until evenly coated. Spread evenly over prepared baking sheets.
Air-dry at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours, stirring periodically to help crackers dry evenly.
- Seasonings: Start with a packet of store-bought Ranch seasoning, like Hidden Valley, or make my own homemade Ranch Dressing Mix (which is really good!) Then add a little extra garlic powder, dill, and lemon pepper, because this snack is flavorful.
- Oyster crackers: I love tiny oyster crackers because even the smallest of hands can scoop them up and enjoy them!
- Make extra: This snack has a way of getting eaten up immediately, and I always wish I had made more.
- Storage: A tin, a tub, whatever airtight container you have to fit them. They'll be fine for a few days, at least.
- Baked vs.unbaked: I don't usually bake this recipe. Within a few minutes, the butter absorbs into the crackers and tastes great. However, some cooks bake their oyster crackers for 10 minutes in a 250-degree oven to toast them up.
- Spicy: Turn up the heat with 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes added to the herbs and butter. You may want more or less spice depending on your tolerance for heat.
- Taco seasoning: Instead of Ranch seasoning, dill, and other spices, make the recipe with a packet of store-bought taco seasoning (or 2 tablespoons of my Homemade Taco Seasoning), 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- Sweet oyster crackers: Cinnamon and sugar. Toss the crackers with all of the butter, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Parmesan cheese: Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the buttered crackers. You can even switch in 2 tablespoons of homemade Italian Seasoning and skip the Ranch, dill, and lemon pepper.
Serving: 40crackers | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg