Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
No doubt about it, a big bowl of homemade chili is one of the most delicious things going, especially when it’s cold outside. But sometimes, even with the best chili recipe, it’s easy to get a little bored of ground beef, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
Servings 6 (1 1/2 cup) servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild diced green chiles undrained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced avocado , jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla strips.
To a slow cooker, add chicken, beans, corn, green chiles and juice, onion, and garlic. Stir in chicken broth, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper (if using).
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Stir in cream cheese, half and half, and cilantro (if using). Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir until uniformly combined and season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Serve as desired with avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or tortilla strips.