This easy-breezy Strawberry Margarita is made with just 5 ingredients and a blender. Add a salted rim and have it on the rocks or frozen. Either way, its delicious!
- Margarita salt or kosher salt (see note 1)
- Lime wedges
- 1 pound fresh strawberries hulled (see note 2)
- 1 cup tequila (see note 3)
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 5 to 6 limes)
- 1/3 cup honey (see note 4)
- 1/4 cup triple sec (see note 5)
In a shallow dish as wide as your serving glass, add Margarita salt (or kosher salt) to 1/4-inch deep. Run a lime wedge around the top of each glass, then dip the top of the glass upside-down into the salt and turn to coat.
To a blender, add strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey and triple sec. Pulse until completely smooth.
Let mixture rest for about 3 minutes, and skim off foam. Add more tequila or sweetener to taste.
Fill each rimmed glass about half full with ice. Add margarita mixture, garnish with a lime wedge, and serve immediately.
- Margarita salt: Homemade margarita salt is fun to make when you're feeling extra. Or, use kosher salt or even sugar.
- Strawberries: We recommend fresh strawberries for this cocktail. Frozen strawberries lacked flavor and tasted "watery."
- Tequila: For a similar, stronger flavor, substitute Mezcal.
- Honey: Or substitute simple syrup, agave nectar, or sugar to taste.
- Triple sec: Or substitute your favorite orange liqueur such as Grand Mariner, Cointreau, or Curacao.
- Frozen margarita: Add ice to your blender to taste and blend until slushy (I like about 5 cups of ice).
- Daiquiri: To make a strawberry daiquiri, substitute rum for the tequila.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg