Montreal Steak Seasoning
Make this copycat Montreal Steak Seasoning with 8 basic spices, then season steak (of course), chicken, pork, and vegetables. Or, mix with oil and soy sauce for a delicious marinade!
Servings 36 servings (1 tsp each)
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns crushed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dill seed or dill weed (see note 1)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a small bowl, combine paprika, pepper, salt, garlic, onion, coriander, dill, and crushed red pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- Dill: Montreal Steak Seasoning uses dill seed, but you can substitute 1 tablespoon dill weed if desired.
- Yield: This recipe makes 3/4 cup seasoning (you'll need an 8 ounce jar to store it).
- Storage: Store this spice blend covered in the pantry for up to 6 months.
- Marinade: To make a marinade for 2 pounds of steak, chicken, or pork, whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 4 teaspoons seasoning. Marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. Pat meat dry before cooking.
- Origin: Montreal Steak Seasoning is based on the pickling spices of Eastern European and Jewish cuisine. The spice blend also goes by the names Montreal Steak Spice, Canadian Steak Spice, and Canadian Steak Seasoning.
Serving: 1teaspoon | Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg