Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
When dinner needs a little something extra (but you don’t know what), try Lemon Butter Sauce. A professional chef’s secret weapon, this nutty brown butter sauce is ready in mere minutes and works citrusy magic on fish, chicken, or vegetables.
Prep Time 4 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter 1/2 stick, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 small shallot minced 1-2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small, heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook, swirling constantly, until butter turns dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in shallots until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and stir in parsley, thyme, and lemon juice.
Season to taste with salt and pepper (I like 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper). Serve immediately.